Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Books I'm loving right now

I have a strange love for series of books. I'm not sure the reason...maybe I get attached to the characters or I get entranced with the story, whatever the reason I love a good series. Especially if I'm not up on the trend and I can read the whole series back to back, without having to wait for the next year's release date.

Series of Books I fell for in 2010 and beginning of 2011:

1.The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson.
2. Twilight Saga-of course!
3. The Sookie Stackhouse Novels-the TV show True Blood is based on these books.
4. The House of Night Series by PC Cast and Kristin Cast (mother and daughter)-reading the latest one to be release Awakened...hoping to finish it tonight.
5. Shiver, Linger, and Forever to be released in July of 2011 by Maggie Stiefvater.
6. If I Stay by Gayle Forman-this one is next in my queue to read, next book Where She Went to release April 5th, 2011.

Books I plan to read The Measure of a Man by Sidney Poitier, and Committed: A Love Story by Elizabeth Gilbert.

I'm going to set a reading goal and post about the process. The goal for 2011 is 50 books!!!! Here comes by dork flag...I crazy excited about the stories and knowledge I will obtain in this process.

Wonder if you noticed a trend in the series of books I love...vampire/werewolf/young adult books. I like the simplicity of the YA read and the hopeless romantic inside of me resurfaces when I read these great stories.
Pick some of these books up, on your Kindle or Nook. Knowledge is power. How awesome would it be to write a novel....hmmm.


That's 2 of the most handsome boys around!

No comments:

Post a Comment