So I hit 37 LBS on Saturday, October 8th (Saturdays are my official weigh in days)...even though I weigh myself twice a day just to keep a record and make sure I'm on track. What did I think, all of a sudden I was a skinny girl, ummm no!
I don't know if anyone else is like this with their weight, but I can range any given 7-8 lbs day to day. Which can be quite frustrating when dieting, but its just the facts. As much as I'd like to blame it on my scale, I definitely can tell the difference on this heavy vs light days. And it has everything to do with what I'm eating.
Lesson 1: Know what you are eating.
You all know that book Eat This, Not That. As knowledgeable as I thought I was about food, I still have so much to learn. Here are some examples I saw on the Weight Watchers website:
1. Jelly Doughnut 8 Points----English Muffin with 1 TBSP of Jelly 4 Points
2. Cream of Mushroom Soup 1 Cup 9 Points----Chicken Noodle Soup 1 Cup 3 Points
3. Fast Food French Fries, medium 11 Points---Baked Potato with 1/4 Cup Fat Free Sour Cream 6 Points
4. Macaroni from Box, 1 Cup 11 points---Rice from box 1 Cup 5 Points
5. McDonald's Cheeseburger 8 Points---Honey Mustard Grilled Snack Wrap 6 Points
Lesson 2: Never, ever eat French Fries...its just not worth it. A medium fry can pack up to 25 points.
Lesson 3: Keep it up. Just because you go on vacation doesn't mean you are on vacation eating mode two weeks after as well.
Weight Loss to reach by Christmas:
Jillian Michaels and I have a date tonight!