Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

'Friends and Family Favorite Spaces'

On my second installment of Friends and Family Favorite Spaces, here was my first, please let me introduce you to my cousin-in-law, can ya even say that?! Well I consider Kelly my cousin now and just love her to bits. When my husband and I were first dating I was thrown into the wolves den...it was Thanksgiving and I was meeting ALL The Whipples (minus the Denver crew). I remember feeling so welcomed by Kelly and her brother Kris. Soon after our first meeting Kelly moved away and has since lived in Florida and now Tennessee. Here is her and her husband's adorable Nashville area home.

Living Room
Timeless Craigslist piano. The wall color was there when they moved in, can you believe it, its the perfect color for a family room! Handsome sofas (she says outdated, I say brings character to the room).

                                   Curtains add a contemporary/modern feel. A Target find!


                                                                          Kitchen
                                                          Wall Color: Valspar "Owl"

                          I adore the pops of color the flowers bring in the kitchen and the breakfast nook.
Inspiration (from Kelly's home): fresh or fake flowers bring in an alive feminine look to any room...going out today to get some flowers for my kitchen!

Ikea stand alone little island (how does she keep the lil ones out of the breakables at the bottom, thats amazing all by itself)! Pottery Barn fork and spoon canvases, impressive.
My heart is going pitter patter for that circle rug in the hallway...Kelly snagged this beauty at Southeastern Salvage for $25!!!!


Breakfast Nook
LOVE!
Everyone needs a breakfast nook. A little reading a little yawning and a big ol cup of coffee, golden! What reality world did I just enter..lets add two lil children to take care of in that big ol cup of coffee, little reading scenario, OK now we are golden! Chalkboard paint on wall to the right, and Benjamin Moore "Caribbean Teal" on left.


This is the perfect Nashville area home. Quaint, cute, sophisticated.
I have a super special place in my heart for Nashville because the hubby and I honeymooned there for a few days.

Thanks for sharing your adorable home with all of us!
If you are ever in the Nashville area, or live there, go check out her brother and soon to be sis-in-law's hair salon, The Yellow House Salon, they do amazing work.

The Yellow House Salon has been featured here and here.






No comments:

Post a Comment