Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Playing catch up!

If you are new to this blog, hey girl hey! I'm Brianne, a wife and mama. I have an almost 12 year old stepson, an almost 3 year old girl and a 14 month old baby boy. To say I have my hands full is definitely an understatement. I love being a mama, but started this blog to grow my passion for writing and interior design.

I love to cook and try and feature recipes every week (TRY). I am also on a big fat DIET! Oh how I hate that word! Anywho, I do the Weight Watchers Online and as of last week had lost 17 lbs, with a goal of 50+. Wednesdays are my recipe/weigh in day.

I found Momma Go Round via her BFF's site Little Miss Momma. Both of these chicas are amazing mommies, fashionistas, interior designers, crafty crafty ladies. I am truly inspired by them almost every day. SO when she started her Real Momma Real Style link up holy crap what a great idea, BUT yikes. I was too scared for so many weeks. WELL, enough is enough. I always gave the excuse of this outfit is boring, lacking character, you know the typical mom outfit. BUT I want to document my weight loss and link up with RMRS. So here it goes, my first photo of me.....for RMRS.



Here's the deal on the outfit: Shorts-Motherhood Maternity. Shirt-Target

YES I still wear my maternity shorts from last year, I know its totally ridiculous, but they are comfy! This is exhibit A of why I need help in the fashion area. Fingers crossed linking up every week will give me the drive to jump out of my momma wear box and into style.










AND...to play catch up from the lack of posting...no weight loss or gain this week. For one my stupid scale just stopped working and for 2, I've just been super tired with a teething 14 month old and a "momma I wanna sleep in your bed" 3 year old for the last week, its a wonder I know my own name. I'm in full fledged newborn sleep stage right now and I'm not okay with that!

Recipe of the week:
I usually make this Chili Mac (Mac and Cheese mixed in with Chili) but yesterday I switched it up because I saw this post about Taco Pasta.

My version: (no sleep=no picture)
1lb of Macaroni noodles
Taco Packet
1 ish lb of ground lean turkey
1 can stewed tomatoes
1/2 cup (2 large dollops) sour cream with chives
3/4 cup shredded cheese

Cook meat until brown, about 10 minutes if that. Poor season packet on meat with 1/4 cup of water, mix. Poor can tomatoes in with meat. Cook noodles to tender. Drain noodles, stir in sour cream and shredded cheese to hot drained noodles. Mix meat and noodles.

SUPER EASY! Not exactly low calorie, but every once in a while you gotta go there. The kids at it all up. I mixed some cooked carrots in at the end too, so the hubs would get some vegetable in for the day.

Sorry for the catch up moment. Come back tomorrow for my 31 things to do before I'm 31!!!

1 comment:

  1. your kids are darling! so glad you stopped by.
    love your blog

    cami
    www.allthingslovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete