Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Blog Love Friday!

Blog Love Fridays...this where I draw inspiration. Check out these blogs, I heart them!

1. My Design Dump Autumn's blog was one of the first that I would read daily before I even knew I was going to start one of my own. What Autumn and her husband (he is a GC and she is a phenomenal interior designer) create together is amazing. Recently she posted a ‘Buy this, not that’ which had me cracking up. Each post I read of Autumn’s has me drooling for more. How cool was she to answer these questions from The Pivot Questionnaire, better known from the 'Inside Actor's Studio' show...her answers in PINK. Your are the best Autumn, I love your blog and really appreciate you participating.
What is your favorite word? i like the words "integrity" and "triumph". both have so much meaning and depth besides their denotations.What is your least favorite word? um...there are a lot of words that i really do not like, but they fall in the "bad" words category. i guess my least favorite "regular" word is "can't"-- a word my husband and i are trying to teach our kids not to say. we prefer to say that it's not that you CAN'T, you just haven't tried hard enough yet. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? creatively: texture, color, light  and space. spiritually: kindness and selflessness. emotionally: patience, optimism and a sense of humor.What turns you off? bad grammar, people who always think they are right, or try to stifle the progression and growth of others. i also really detest snobbery, in all it's forms.What is your favorite DESIGN word? TRIM.
What sound or noise do you love? the sound of my kids laughing at one of my husbands jokes or stories.
What sound or noise do you hate? the sound of someone eating with their mouth open or crunching really loudly...it seriously turns my stomach. ewww...i'm getting yucked-out just thinking about it.What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? photographer, textile or furniture designer.
What profession would you not like to do? i would hate to work anywhere where i had to sit under fluorescent lights all day. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "You made it....and here comes your husband!"
2.The Busy Budgeting Mama-Right off the bat I liked Natalie because we have kids the same age... she feels the pain and pleasure I go thru every day!  This girl can throw/decorate/design for a party. If she lived in Michigan I would absolutely hire her for every event. Oh and did I mention she also does this with crazy budget skills. Her etsy shop is adorable, I will be ordering some things from her for my babes 1st Birthday coming up in June.
3.A Room Somewhere First of all Leslie has impeccable style. Leslie does a weekly ‘What I Wore Wednesday’ post and each week I am in awe of her fashion. There is NO way I could choose a favorite outfit, they are all fabulous. Along with her fashion I love her house tour, my two favorite features from her house are the Wisteria mirror on the mantel, and the guitar artwork next to her children’s book shelves. Leslie is definitely on my daily read of blogs and I get a sense that she has a huge heart and an old soul.
Leave me a comment and let me know if you've read these blogs or if you just heard of them via my post.
Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. hi brianne!
    thanks so much for featuring me. i had a lot of fun answering these questions. i don't think i had even thought about some of these questions before, so it was fun to sit back and ponder for a while.
    sorry for not commenting sooner--i tried to have a computer free weekend so i could focus on the kids and hubby.
    i will be posting link to your blog on my blog tomorrow.
    :)
    have a great night, and i hope you continue to blog!!

    autumn

    ReplyDelete