Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Blog Love

I'm slightly overwhelmed with where to begin with this 'Blog Love' feature! I may have a possible stalking viewing problem with Bower Power . The author of this witty, informational, keepin it real style blog is Katie Bower. Katie is a mommy to an adorable little boy, an amazing decorista, and a very talented photographer. Check her photography site here, and if you are in the ATL, GA (I've always wanted to say ATL)area call her up or email her to set up an appointment. I loved her photos so much I ordered from her print shop last week and am desperately waiting for the printed pictures to arrive in the mail any day now! Come on back here in a few days for a big kitchen AFTER reveal featuring photos from the print shop.

SO when I emailed her asking to participate in this feature/series and she responded and responded quickly, I was super stoked. Here is my first Blog Love feature who was kind enough to participate, and now Bower Power. I'm thrilled. Without further ado...

These questions are The Pivot Questionnaire, better known from the 'Inside Actor's Studio' show:

What is your favorite word?
Margaritas.  Just kidding.  Probably mothership or brainchild.  Or thatswhatshesaid :)
What is your least favorite word?
Probably moist.  Or Virginia.  Only because it reminds me of female anatomy which makes me giggle hysterically and appear completely immature...rightfully so. 
What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Music.  I grew up listening to all different kinds and even though I can't carry a tune, it speaks to me on a cellular level. 
What turns you off?
Hunger.  When I am hungry there is nothing else on my mind except getting food in my belly.  I'm like a teenage boy like that. 
What is your favorite DESIGN word?
Balance.  I am a big fan of keeping a house balanced between looking good and being functional and FUN.
What sound or noise do you love?
My mom's piano keys. My daddy's heartbeat.  My boyfriend's contented sigh.  My Will's giggle.
What sound or noise do you hate?
I have extremely sensitive hearing and my dad owns this weed wacker that makes a really high pitched buzz.  It drives me crazy...except nobody else in my family can hear it.  Yeah.  I am the dog of the family :)
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
I feel like I am attempting that right now with my new photography business.  It's definitely a scary challenge but I get the rare opportunity to handle newborns, play with children and capture sweet moments for families that they may never see.  If I had to attempt a different one - I'd want to be an explorer for National Geographic.  Just call me Christopher Columbus :)  
What profession would you not like to do?
Anything in food service.  I've been there, done that and never want to go back.  It's cruel and unusual punishment to serve up good food all day without being able to snack on the goods.
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Well done, my child.

You had me at Margarita! And by far my favorite question is the last "...what would you like to hear God say when you arrive...", responses to this question tell so much about a person. I heart Katie and her blog!!

AND can you believe she also provided pictures for me to share....her 'Favorite Spaces/Rooms'. No these are not photos from a magazine!


Loving this nursery. The paneling on the wall is effin genius! AND what a brilliant way to have the baby's name in the room.

I would like this polka dot pillow in my house asap!

                                  Love, LOVE, this color...and I'm a sucker for any type of wainscoting.


Katie, Thank You so much for participating in my 'Blog Love' series!
Go check her out, I'm warning you though, you'll get sucked in just like I did.

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me? Her house is absolutely amazing! Wow...I want to go shopping now. I just may need to go visit her blog now :) Thanks Bree!

    ReplyDelete