Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Design Days

I've decided to turn Thursday posts into whatever project I'm working on at the time.

1. First Client Design Board...ok its my mom, but its still by 1st CLIENT!





Source List:
2. DIY vases with gray spray painted doilees.
3. DIY painted wood with BW photos of the grandbabies.
4. "bathe" has been changed to "Always take the Time to Breathe"  $15 via HOS and women in tub art  $35 via Etsy
5. Tree Shower Curtain Bed Bath and Beyond $29.99
6. Bath Rug Options BW or GW from West Elm. $24


2. My first refinish/paint a furniture piece...check out these Before and After photos!

Before
After


Steps to refinish/paint
A. Sand and Remove Hardware
B. Spray Painted Hardward Silver
C. Painted Dress Benjamin Moore--St Lucia Skies 781

3. AND my sweet mother-in-law asked for some advice on color for her walls.



The first thing I would do is repurpose/rearrange the pieces of art she currently has in the Living Room and Kitchen Nook area. My MIL has a great wall art piece of a woman above her kitchen nook table, I would move that to the fireplace mantel. The current art on the brick above the mantel just gets lost in the brick color.

To replace the wall art in the Kitchen Nook I would do something like this...and I know she has dishes we could use for this as well as some we could pick up along the way.

Picture and Tutorial via The Nester
or


Ok now back to the Living room...

This Room has great bones, but I can see why she wants to add something to the walls.
First, I would move the pillows to another room. They just blend in with the other colors throughout the room. Second, I would change out the rug. I really like the rug, but it sort of limits you with colors throughout the room. And lastly, I would put up more art.
Below are the design board options with some first glance ideas.


Option 1-Bolder Rich Colors
Option 2-Serene Pops of Color




A QUICK rundown of where I would place the items. Replace pillow and add decor items with the pillows in and around the hearth area. Install Mirror on Kitchen wall. Art Above Couch. Candlesticks on Mantel.

BUT, if my MIL hates it all here are some paint options as well (per request).

Come back Friday for my first ever Five things Friday post.





No comments:

Post a Comment