Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday

I renamed this post because I NEVER use Weight Watchers Online anymore. Truth be told I just used the site to figure out what I was doing wrong. Duh eating too much, not working out enough, and too much alcohol! My recent goal is to reach the -50lbs by Christmas. Considering I've gained some weight its going to be tough, BUT I'm going to work hard to get as close as I can. I always have to have a goal.


*I know none of you care about my weekly stats, but its good accountability for me to keep track.

Weight Stats:
-20lbs
I've gained a lot back since my trip to Nashville, grrr, what do people always say, you never stop dieting!

Inspirational Photo
Olivia Ward, Biggest Loser Winner Season 11

261 LBS
132 LBS
Photos via Prevention.com

This is what I DREAM about, a total body transformation. I don't need to be 120LBS or for that matter 132 LBS, but I want to feel different. I want to go into a store and put on whatever I like in the store and be able to find my size. I want to be healthier for my children. I want to be one of those people who don't even think about food, weight loss, or that stomach fat that seems to cling to every shirt I own right now.

I was listening to a radio interview with Olivia Ward and she stated she works out 6 days a week for an hour. The most profound element of this journey is that I learned the skinny people actually have to work at it. Yes, there are those people who have a crazy metabolism (my husband), but its pretty rare that the "skinny girl" is that way for no reason.

I am on a constant quest to find the best meals that I just don't have to think about. Although I LOVE cereal and basically ate cereal for every meal when I was pregnant with my first baby, it does get boring after a while. So here are some good recipes I need to try for breakfast options. Love me a good fellow blogger recipe.

1. Sweet Quinoa
Recipe comes from The Wiegands via Sunshine & Carousels
Quinoa
Apple Juice
Honey Flavored Greek Yogurt
Fresh Blueberries
Fresh Nectarines
2 cups of apple juice, add one cup of quinoa and boil for 12-13 minutes or until water is soaked and quinoa is fluffy.  Let your quinoa cool completely and then place in a container and refrigerate over night.
In the morning scoop a few large spoonfuls into a bowl, add one cup of honey Greek yogurt and fresh fruit to the top. 
Serving size: 1/2 Cup Quinoa, 1 Cup Greek Yogurt, 1/2 Cup mixed fruit combination:
Calories -310
WW Points-4


2. Breakfast Sandwich
Recipe via Meals and Moves
My version
Whole Wheat English Muffin
1 Fried Egg
1/2 triangle of Laughing cow French Onion
Garden Breakfast Burger
Calories 300
WW Points 5


I ate both of these recipes today, one for lunch and one for breakfast. If I only ate breakfast meals all day I think I could shed this weight for good. I will keep keepin on as usual. Maybe 40lbs seem more realistic by Christmas!









No comments:

Post a Comment