Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Feeling Thankful

My favorite part of any given day is nap time. I usually take that time to recharge my batteries, throw a load of laundry in, or jump into the shower. Today was unusually different. I relished in the quiet of their sleeping bodies. I watched their upward chests rise and fall with each breath. I reflected on a time when they were babies and the sleep time came more often. I remembered the the simplicity of the eat, sleep, change diapers routine.

Now I find myself in endless minefields of complexity. The constant fighting over toys. The crying at the end of a school day because so and so didn't want to play with her today. The independence of one child and the dependence of another.


But Today, I will cherish. Today I will be Thankful! Today I will pause.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment